Friday, December 12, 2014

Sum It Up Saturday!

To say it's been an interesting week is an understatement! We began the week by bringing Andy north of Seoul for a 2 week class. The GPS said 1 hour 45 minutes. It must have been in the holiday spirit and was feeling very generous on its time estimates! That turned into 3 hours later and we finally made it! After getting Andy  settled in, Cooper and I had to turn around for a return trip. One that every ounce of me was dreading! The class was held at a sorry excuse for a "base", and had no options for food besides the Shoppette- nothing more than a glorified high school concession stand. Cooper and I grabbed what we could and hit the road. Cooper was especially excited as he finally got to turn his seat around. This big boy hit the 32 pound mark this week!! 

For those of you who have never driven in Seoul, you are missing out on white-knuckle, heart pounding, cursing driving with an added touch of GPS frustration. As we got on our way, I felt pretty good following the directions while Cooper hung out in the back watching the new obsessed Mickey episode- Minnie-rella.  About thirty minutes into the drive and no, "recalculating" from the lady up front, I heard a tiny voice say, "belly hurt Momma, belly hurt." I brushed it off and told him he would be okay and just to close his eyes. No sooner had I said that than had I heard the worst sounds a mom driving in Seoul traffic can hear- the sound of your child throwing up! Not just a little, but projectile vomit all over the backseat.  My poor baby was crying, scared and sitting in his own puke. 

As I quickly ran through the scenario in my head, cars whizzed by, the dumb lady up front told me she was recalculating and tears fell from my eyes. In Korea, it is never as simple as missing an exit and going up to the next exit to turn around. Every exit leads to another highway and that to another highway. After 45 minutes of the white-knuckle driving, I could finally pull over to get Cooper out and cleaned up. Little did I know, the car was in much worse shape than Cooper! 3 hours later we finally made it home, only to spend the next two hours trying to clean the car up. We stripped the car seat, scrubbed the seats with cleaner/pet deodorizer and used a can of Febreeze to get the smell out. Nothing has worked :(  calling any moms who have experienced this- what works???? I'm almost to the point of paying the old Korean man the $300 he quoted me to steam clean everything.  

Besides that unfortunate start to our single Mommy time and battling the winter cold, we have had a great week! Cooper is getting so big! He turns TWO this week!!! (Insert tears!) He is so full  of life. He is as ornery as his dad and two uncles all rolled into one! Before I get too sappy, my favorite moment from this week involved story time before bed. We were reading the Christmas ABC's with Mickey and the "K" is for Kisses for every good Toon. Cooper got up to give me a kiss and as I went to turn the page he says, "No Momma, some more." And kissed me again. I laughed and kissed him again. He continued this the next three times I tried to turn the page. It is times like this that are in the forefront of my memory when he's throwing his blocks at me and screaming "I want my Daddy" because I didn't understand he wanted his jacket and not his coat. :) 

Look out world- I'm growing up!

Picnic with Mommy! 
Can't wait for our Mickey Mouse party!!
St. Nick brought crayons, coloring books and cars!!

No comments:

Post a Comment