Sunday, December 1, 2013

Sum it up Sunday!

This week has been a great week for the Naseman Family! It was a three day work week and we enjoyed our first Thanksgiving on a different continent!

The biggest event of our week - Cooper's FIRST STEPS!!! He takes two or three steps and then falls forward for us to catch him. He finds that very hilarious, so he hasn't tried to take more than three steps. I am waiting to get that perfect moment on video :)

Three day work weeks are always wonderful! I have three weeks left in the current building they are using as the middle school. Starting in January, the students will finally have a chance to use the brand new school building! Although this means I will have to pack up my classroom and start all over with a new classroom, I am thrilled to be in a brand new school with all the resources I have been dying to get my hands on! I look forward to the day I can upload pictures of my new classroom :)

Thanksgiving was a big success! We had all the trimmings - turkey, noodles, mashed potatoes w/ gravy, stuffing, vegetables, and pumpkin pie! Cooper absolutely loved the noodles and turkey!
 
Andy technically had a 4 day weekend, but was stuck with CQ (Staff Duty) on Saturday. This is a 24 hour shift to watch the soldiers in the barracks. It stunk for Cooper and I to not have him at home, but we had our own fun decorating the house for Christmas!

 
It is very crazy to think it's December 1st already! This time last year I was counting down the days to give birth and now I am counting down the days to planning his first birthday party! I won't lie - I've a shed a few tears rocking him to sleep lately. I look down at this little innocent boy who has shown me so much over the last year and can't imagine my life without him! I'll save the rest of my sappiness until his birthday :)

Cooper hanging out with Daddy on the couch.
 
Cooper loves to transfer all his toys from the seat of the bumbo to the toy bin and then back again. He will sit and do that for a solid hour while talking to them. Cracks me up!
 
We have an exciting weekend to look forward to - our Christmas Tree lighting is on Friday! There is also a large Holiday Bazaar I am looking forward to because there will be a lot of Korean vendors present :) I can't wait to find some goodies to send home to our family!

No comments:

Post a Comment